Thursday, July 24, 2008

Ordinary People



(1980)



Alexis says:

4 STARS



This movie is a tear jerker and almost a classic. The three main characters are superb and touchingly sad. Redford does a great job in his directing debut. I am always surprised that Hutton was not a more successful actor, I personally find him very good as Conrad, the guilt ridden teenage son in Ordinary People whom the story is primarily about. This film may be approaching 30 years old but it is so well done that I think it will be enjoyed and relevent for quite some time to come.

Todd Says:


3.5 STARS


If real-life depressing is your thing, then this is the movie for you. There is nothing about this movie that is not sad, except for a few scenes that made me angry. But that is all good, that is what was intended, and the cast and director did great. I'm not overly familiar with Mary Tyler Moore, but she can really be nasty.


This is probably not a movie that you'll want to watch over and over again (if you do there is probably something wrong with you), but it is a very good movie none-the-less. I highly recommend giving it a viewing.

No comments: