Tuesday, July 29, 2008

The Bank Job

(2008)




Alexis says:




3 STARS




I have only been to the theatre once this year and we don't watch cable so other than what reviews I chose to read in Entertainment magazine I am not all that familiar with a lot of new releases, on DVD or at the Box Office. This is a good example. I had no idea what Bank Job was about, all it was was a title to me. I didn't even know that it was based on a true story until I sat down to watch it.



To be honest I was not at all thrilled when the movie began and there was a lot of nudity as I was watching the film with my younger (though adult) brother. From the beginning this left a bad taste in my mouth. Also, I am not the fan of Statham that a lot of people seem to be. Fortunately, this film has a good story and is well put together. Once the heist was introduced and a real plot started to evolve I found myself getting more and more interested.



This isn't an overly fast paced action flick or a silly comedy. It is a tride and true thriller. Reminds me of Lock, Stock and Two Smoking Barrels or something in that vain. Despite the nudity and several short scenes of violence (I would not recommend this to viewers under 18) this movie wasn't half bad.



Todd Says:



3.5 STARS



The Bank Job was a good heist movie. The story (being true and all) is pretty captivating, and complicated. There was a point in the movie where is was starting to get hard to keep up with who was after who and why. There is a lot going on.



But it works, and that's a good thing in a genre that has been beaten like a dead horse. The cast and the director do good work here, though there really isn't anything that stands out as outstanding. There isn't anything that is bad either. It's an above average crime movie that is likely to entertain most people.

No comments: