Sunday, July 27, 2008

Before The Devil Knows You're Dead

(2007)

Alexis says:

2 STARS



This movie was just OK. The story is interesting enough I just wasn't impressed. I am not usually impressed by Ethan Hawke or Marisa Tomei and this film was unfortunately no exception. Even Philip Seymour Hoffman was a little bit of a letdown. Albert Finney gave the most intriguing performance in the whole movie. I think with a different director and a few actor changes this film could have been a lot better.





Todd Says:



2 STARS



I wanted to like this movie more than I really could. I consider myself a fan of 'heist' movies, but this one didn't come through. It wasn't the story itself, that was full of twists and truns that could have played out quite well. It was all about the delivery here, very sub-par.



I don't think that anyone in the movie was particularly bad, I just didn't find much to be impressed about. This was simply an O.K. movie, and with all the other good movies out there (just search our archives for a list) this one isn't really worth wasting your time on.

No comments: