Sunday, August 10, 2008

Uncommon Valor


(1983)





Alexis says:





3 STARS





This movie is sort of a classic, or so I hear anyways. So we watched it and it wasn't half bad. For some reason that I can't really explain I love movies about the Vietnam war and the people and times effected by it so that fact made this movie easy to like for me but I think that it has alot to offer the 'regular' movie goer as well.





There were some holes in this movie and some scenes that made me scratch my head as to where the characters got all their money and supplies and how they got from one place to another and where some of their spouses disappered off to for years but overlooking every one of those facts and just enjoying the story is pretty powerful. The ending was sad and great at the same time.





For those interested in factual Vietnam movies, I don't know what to tell you. For those who like action war movies even if they need a little stretching of the imagination this film is worth your time.



Todd Says:



3 STARS



Uncommon Valor is one of those classics that you are just supposed to love, but this one doesn't age so well. I thought that it was a little dated, even though it was only made in the eighties some scenes felt a little cheesy. The acting was pretty good, some much better than others, but the costumes and sets seemed a little cheap.



Don't get me wrong, this is a good 3 star movie with a great story, but I'm just trying to give you fair warning that it's going to possible seem less-than-great at times. I think that it is worth seeing, but at the same time I don't think that everybody is going to enjoy it the same.

No comments: