Friday, August 29, 2008

Fearless





(1993)













Alexis says:


3 STARS


This was a sad, moving film. The movie begins with a quite believable plane crash scene that left me wondering about budgets and what goes into filming a movie of this genre to get the emotion and feeling built up. The rest of the film is almost simple, it follows two people survivors of a plane crash through the post tragedy stage. Everything about this film is simple but very powerful and moving. I don't question that this is Perez's best performance and close if not Bridges as well.


I was moved through out this film but I was slightly disappointed in the way that it ended. It just seemed so cliche that I couldn't overlook it. I don't know how I wanted it to end, but this isn't how I would have written it.


Other than the ending this film is quite good, and with the ending it isn't but half bad.

Todd Says:

3 STARS

This movie was not nearly as powerful as I remembered it being, but that is sometimes the case with second viewings. Of course, I hadn't seen it in many years either.

The story is good, a solidly written tale of someone who nearly loses everything and has difficulty finding a reason to attach himself to anyone or anything again. Jeff Bridges does a wonderful job as the 'Fearless' survivor, and the rest of the cast turns in solid performances as well.

This is a good Looking-for-the-meaning-of-life film, but it's not a masterpiece. It's worth a watch, but I wouldn't go too far out of my way to track down a copy.

No comments: