Friday, August 15, 2008

Intolerable Cruelty

(2002)
Todd Says:

3.5 STARS

I thought that this was a hilarious look at the business end of mariage. The Coen Brothers seem to have a knack for the subtle back-handed comedy that I enjoy the most. Plus, the cast is just incredible. I haven't seen George Clooney quite so goofy since Oh Brother Where Art Thou.


I would have to say that I think most people would enjoy this movie, unless of course you are the kind of person who needs to be spoon fed your humor. For those people I think the Zucker Brothers are the comedy team to look into.
Alexis says:
4 STARS
Intolerable Cruelty is quirky, funny, surprising and attractive, well at least Clooney is anyways. I am quite the fan of the Coen brothers to boot and I didn't even know that until I looked them up on IMdb and noticed that they are responsible for some of my favorite movies (Raising Arizona just to name an all time favorite). This movie is not overly predictable and is actually at times surprising in its twisted comedic flair. Zeta-Jones may be at her all time best and whatever it is Clooney does to drag us in, well he does it again in this divorce lawyer love story. I found the ending perfect and the only thing I wanted was a copy of a Massy Prenup in the DVD extras.

No comments: