Monday, August 11, 2008

Bill







(2007)



Alexis says:



2 STARS



You ever watch a movie because the back of the box description is enticing at Target or because you read about it in Entertainment magazine and the reviews were pretty good and you really wanted to enjoy the film? You ever watch a film like that wanting badly to really like the film but just not ever reaching that point?



That was Bill for me. It looked good and it sounded good but it was just OK. I think I am just getting burnt out on movies about mid-life crisis. I feel as though that genre is over saturated and the story needs to be a lot better than Bill's to interest me. I am tired of weak, lazy characters who are only starting to gain some redeeming qualities when the film ends. This film was headed in a direction that could have led to greater places but I feel that it just fell short for my expectations.



I am so demanding and this movie is a let down.



Todd Says:


4 STARS


Bill is an engaging movie about a man whose life in crumbling before his eyes and he tries to catch the falling pieces before things spiral out of control. I feel that this film gives us an unblinking look at how fragile our handle on life really is, and how easy it is to lose control.


Bill is a guy who, from an outsiders view, has pretty much everything: a great wife, a great job, a great house and lots of money. But as we get to see deeper and deeper into the real situations that make a life what it is, we realize that we don't necessarily control those aspects of our life as much as they seem to control us.


Bill is a great movie about losing yourself and the long, sometimes dark, road you have to travel to find yourself again. I recommend this one to anyone who loves a good tragedy.

No comments: