Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Deja Vu




(2006)



Todd Says:



3.5 STARS


As far as action movies go this is a good one. Good story. Good Acting. Good visuals and special effects. It'll also make you think a little, perhaps, about science. It will keep you guessing what's going to happen next, although it's all already happened.


I would recommend this movie for most movie lovers, whether your taste is for action or drama or suspense or crime thrillers. This is a good one to watch with some friends, and then sit around and talk about it.



Alexis says:



3.5 STARS



It has been said that I have the world's worst memory. This may in fact be true as I can sometimes completely forget what a movie is about or how it ends thus making subsequent viewings almost like the first viewing instead of a Deja Vu. This film for instance, we watched it when it first came out but I couldn't remember almost anything about it when we watched it this time.



The story is pretty original, who doesn't like to think about the possibility of bending time and traveling between it? The acting is great, who doesn't love Denzel Washington? The setting is fabulous, who doesn't love the Big Easy?



This film has it's drawbacks which I don't want to draw out in the open thus issuing spoilers right and left but I will say that there appear to be at least one lapse in writing to make this story work but ignoring that oversight I would recommend this film to all my friends and a few of my enemies.



No comments: