Saturday, August 2, 2008

Evolution

(2001)
Todd Says:

4 STARS

I love a good comedy. Unfortunately they don't seem to make them anymore. It seems to me that somewhere between five and ten years ago someone decided that the only way to make a good comedy was to string together 90 minutes worth of mindless parody gags. I disagree, and I'm starting a club.

Anyway, Evolution is a fairly silly movie about aliens. It's witty and fast paced, and most of it's jokes are less crude than the competition. If it feels like I'm defending this movie, that's because I tend to be hard on Comedies. I pine for the days when we were forced to think about the jokes that made us smile.

This movie is one that you should see, if you somehow managed to miss it when it came out. If you have already seen it, and it's been a while, then you will probably be able to enjoy this one again. So, if you like comedy, then you'll like this one. If you like serious Sci-Fi Drama, then maybe this isn't for you, unless you're one of the chosen few who have the ability to laugh at the things you love.
Alexis says:
2.5 STARS
Maybe it was because I have seen this film previously but I just didn't think this was as funny as I used to think that it was. Duchovny is good and I found his remarks about the FBI funny and Orlando Jones' has the perfect eyes to portray emotion and carry a good joke. I am not impressed usually by Julianne Moore and this was no exception. This film has some rewarding characteristics and actually a pretty interesting plotline about alien life form invasion and evolution and I think those who enjoy comedies will enjoy this film.

No comments: