Friday, September 12, 2008

Top Secret!

(1984)
Todd Says:
3.75 STARS


This is the Airplane of spy movies. I know that you've heard me say before that I don't care for comedies that try to pass Stupid off as Funny, but there are a few classics that I can let get away with that. Top Secret! is very goof-ball, but it still demands a tiny little bit of thought from the veiwer. Actually, as dated as some of the jokes are it may make some of you think more than you want to.

File this one under Guilty Pleasure, but go ahead and take the time to watch it anyway. I think that most of you will find this movie at least funny enough to be worth the time investment.
Alexis says:
2.5 STARS
By 1984 the people who brought you Kentucky Fried Movie had become a lot more funny, or at least had gotten a lot better at carrying their jokes to movies. I haven't been a fan of Naked Gun humor since Elementary school but there were several things about this movie that I could appreciate and I even found myself laughing out loud once or twice. It is a very goofy parody movie, but one that is rather enjoyable, and to think this was Val Kilmer first film, he does a pretty good job.

No comments: