Sunday, September 28, 2008

Rocky











(1976)





Alexis says:




3.5 STARS





This film came from Target packaged with Raging Bull. Rocky, in my opinion is a far better boxing/sports film even if it isn't based on a real boxers life story.





Rocky is an inspiring tale of an underdog getting a chance at the big time. I usually loathe Stallone movies but Rocky is so good in both it's writing (Stallone) and the acting that I really have to give this film credit for really exceeding my expectations.





One thing I really enjoyed about this film was the love story that evolves between Rocky and Adrian (Talia Shire). The film felt very real and the love story was no exception to this.




In all, Rocky is a good sports film that has really held up over the years.



Todd Says:


3.5 STARS


Rocky is a classic for a reason. It is an intense story about a guy who is basically a loser, but gets a chance to prove that he has heart. It's also a nice story about two misfits that find each other.


I would recommend Rocky to anyone, wether you are looking for a good action, drama, or even a feel good movie. Rocky covers all the bases.

No comments: