Wednesday, September 24, 2008

The Illusionist

(2006)
Todd Says:




3.75 STARS



This, unfortunately, is one of those movies that you can't watch too often. It is a true mystery, and once you've seen it the first time you find yourself picking up the clues too easily on the second viewing. However, the first time you watch it the mystery falls together seemlessly, and even on a second viewing I could not find any major holes in the story.





Ed Norton and Paul Giamatti and great as usual, but even Jessica Biel does a good job in this one. The Illusionist is a movie about a magician, but it is also a movie about perception of reality. A love story and a mystery and a thriller all cleverly rolled together.




I enjoyed this movie very much, and I think that you should too.



Alexis says:

3.5 STARS

This film came out about the same time as The Prestige, which we saw first. Seeing this one second after thoroughly unenjoying The Prestige, I really enjoyed it. The story came together well and I rather enjoyed the somewhat surprise that came after all was revealed. All of the acting was rather good, I am becoming a Giamati fan with every movie he makes.

This is a good film worth your viewing. However, I must add that the film did lose a bit of it's luster after the first viewing.

No comments: