Saturday, May 24, 2008

Jarhead



Todd Says:

4.5 STARS




Jarhead is one of those movies that is either going to move you or it's not. I don't feel like there is much that I can say to make someone who doesn't like war movies, or biographies want to watch this. But the truth of the matter is that this movie is so real, that it doesn't matter if it is true or not.


Jarhead is a naked (no pun intended) look at our modern military, from the bottom up. Jake Gyllenhaal is phenomenal, and the rest of the cast is incredible. Jamie Foxx plays Gyllenhall's Sergent, and for once in a war movie we get to see characters with more than one side.


The bottom line is: this movie is a must see. If you consider yourself a movie fan, then this movie is for you. Even if you don't love it, I guarantee you will walk away thinking.



Alexis says:


5 STARS


I love this film. I have seen it half a dozen times and I just really like it. I think Todd summed it up rather nice and easy so I will leave you with more of a recommendation than a review. See this film, I think you will enjoy it.

1 comment:

Sue said...

I just had to say, I agree with you guys. This is a great movie.