Tuesday, May 6, 2008

The Gaurdian (2006)


Todd Says:

2 STARS


This is one of those movies that I'm not sure what to think about it. I mean it wasn't really bad, but it wasn't really good. As a matter of fact if we hadn't pledged to review everything that we watched, I would have left this one alone.

Other than being fairly, but not terribly, predictable there wasn't really anything WRONG with it. The acting was fine, and story was fine, and the action was fine, and the dialog mostly didn't suck, but this film just didn't do it for me. If you find yourself with some time to kill and this movie comes on cable go ahead and watch it, you could do worse.


Alexis Says:
1.5 STARS
Thats basically what you get with this movie. Two stars (Kevin Costner and Ashton Kutcher) in a not overly impressive-not overwhelminlgy disappointing drama about U.S. coast guards. The trailer tells you what to expect and the movie is plagued with a fair bit of predictibility but for the 'feel good and we hope we make you cry' variety this movie is OK. That's about it. It's a little bit blah. I expected more from Costner and about what I got with Kutcher.

3 comments:

James said...

I wanted to drown myself at the end of this one. What a ridiculous movie. Costner was clearly just collecting his paycheck and Ashton is a joke of an actor. Hmmm, maybe this was all just one elaborate scam and the studio was the one getting punk'd.

The bar fight scene?!?! Seriously.

Anything more than zero stars for this one is generous. You're too kind.

The Running Couple said...

To be honest, I thought I was being too generous. I thought it was annoying how different Costner's coast gaurd teacher was SO much different than Costner's coast gaurd swimmer, and without any formal training it would seem.

-june

The Running Couple said...

You're right. I think I gave this movie sympathy stars because I'm such a Costner fan and I'm embarassed for him.

I mean, Field of Dreams, The Untouchables, The War, Tin Cup. I love his work. I didn't see Mr. Brooks because I didn't want to see Costner suck. Our neighbors made us watch this one.

Maybe you should start reviewing with us James.

-Ward