Friday, April 18, 2008

The Simpsons Movie


Alexis says:

3.5 Stars

Do you love the Simpsons? If yes, you will appreciate all that there is to love about the Simpsons in this movie that feels like a really long episode but doesn't jump around as much as a typical episode.

Complete with cliches, bad jokes and Fox advertising The Simpsons Movie goes where few animated characters get to go. Flanders and Moe, Mr. Burns and Mayor Quimby, Milhouse to Rev. Lovejoy, all your favorite Sprinfieldites are present and just as clever as ever.

If you like the Simpsons and are looking for a comedy this one is worth a viewing, just be prepared to find yourself humming the words to 'Spider Pig' a week later.


Todd Says:
3 STARS

"Spider pig, spider pig, look out here comes the spider pig." Oh, sorry about that. I hope I didn't break that no-spoiler rule. But seriously folks, the Simpsons movie truly is like a realy long episode of the the Simpsons. One of the good ones though.


As you would expect, it's fast paced and off-the-wall all the way from beginning to end, not afraid to make fun of itself (or you). If you are a big fan of the TV show I highly recomend finding an hour and a half to watch it. If you like the show then you will like the movie. If you don't think that the Simpsons are funny, then don't bother with this movie, it is not a departure from their normal routine.

1 comment:

Sue said...

I just don't get it, and apparently I am the minority.

When I watched it with the Demandatron, she kept asking my why I wasn't laughing yet.

I told her I was, on the inside.