Monday, April 21, 2008

Lars And The Real Girl


Todd Says:

5 STARS

This is an amazing movie. Somehow this film is both tragically depressing and surreally optomistic at the same time. I don't really know what to say except See This Movie.

Alexis Says:
4.5 Stars

I am a small fan of Gosling's so I was interested to see this movie. I love when I see a movie and I don't know a lot about it or have a lot of expectations because I am not expecting as much. This movie is almost indescribable, but here is an attempt. It is completely original, it is thought provoking and not at all predictable. It is sad and moving and gives new meaning to the ideas of a tight community. The plot is slightly twisted and so is the main character but in a moving way. I recommend that you see this movie, like I did, without too much more knowledge to sway your opinion of it before you view it. If you enjoy really good, original and well made movies you will see this movie for the gem it really is. If you like silly comedies or gore fests you may want to pass this one up.


Here's to hoping you like really good movies.




2 comments:

Anonymous said...

just saw Lars and the Real Girl, Gosling did a great job playing out his character's psychological transition from totally dysfunctional to somewhat functional; it was nice of them to leave out the predictable small-town drama as well

Sue said...

I tried (again) to watch Lars and The Real Girl last night. I fell asleep, that's the second time. I think I'm too old and/or narcaleptic to stay up later than 10p.m. to watch something.

I really want to finish it. Edge loved it.

I did make it to the party scene, which made me pretty sad.

I'm going to give it one more try this afternoon.