Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Disturbia

Alexis says:

3.5 Stars

OK, so first let me say that I don't like horror films or lots of blood and gore but I like thrillers, especially ones about serial killers for some reason even though they leave me frightened and not wanting to go to bed and checking and rechecking all my doors and windows, but then again isn't that what a thriller is for?

I found this movie to be exactly as the box suggests, a nail biter. I should maybe even put a picture of my nails on here to show you the damage that was done by this thriller. The movie was the slightest bit predictable but I jumped when they wanted me to anyways and that David Morse, from 12 Monkeys to this there is just something creepy about that guy.

Overall, I thought this was pretty first rate if you like thrillers and left me analyzing it the next day, which I enjoy about movies but I had one real bone to pick with this movie. What is it about horror genres and thrillers that they need to be written like the only one viewing them is 16? I found this movie to have a little too much high school romance nonsense in it for my taste. Pretty much all the scenes with LaBeouf and Roemer could have been deleted and I would have been a little happier.

If horror thrillers are your thing this one isn't too bad.

Todd Says:

3 STARS

O.K. let me start by saying that a movie like this has to be graded on a curve. Seriously, I mean Disturbia is not ever going to make anyone's top ten list or anything, but if you compare it to Saw instead of Shindler's List then you can appreciate it a little more. Now that we've covered that, this was not a bad horror flick.

I've never particularly cared for the whole killer chasing the babysitter through the house after he killed her boyfriend with a waffle iron movie. But deep down I have to admit that I think you probably should die if you can't get away from a killer who refuses to run. What did those guys think it was just un-cool to chase someone?

Disturbia was good for it's genre. You get what you expect, and not a lot else, but that doens't mean that it's not worth watching.

1 comment:

Sue said...

I totally agree. For what it was, I enjoyed it.