Sunday, June 29, 2008

The Patriot





(2000)


Alexis says:





2.5 STARS


I have now seen this movie twice and it isn't that I dislike it I am just not all that moved by it. The story is historical accurate enough and sad enough I just don't find myself caring about the characters the way I know I should. If I want an epic historical love tale starring Gibson in the future I think I will stick to Braveheart.



Todd Says:

3 STARS


For a semi-historical action/war movie (which may be my favorite genre) The Patriot is just O.K. I enjoyed it fine, I just feel like Mel is a bit melodramatic in parts, like the beginning, the middle and the end.

Sometimes Hollywood tends to overuse an actor because they can fill seats in the theatre, in my humble opinion thats how Gibson gets so much work. If Mad Max hadn't been so good, we never would have had to suffer through eight Lethal Weapon movies.

Anyway, take Mad Max out of it, and the Patriot would have been alot better. But the bottom line is: it's not a bad movie, I did enjoy it, and if you are one of those Detective Riggs fans then you'll probably love it.

No comments: