Wednesday, June 25, 2008

National Treasure

Todd Says:

3.5 STARS


We saw this movie when it came out in the theatre and I really enjoyed it. When we watched it again I was worried that it might not be as good the second time through, but it was. Ben Franklin Gates is no Indiana Jones, but he would probably win on Jeapardy.


I thought that the movie moved at a quick pace, and covered a lot of ground without leaving you behind. It is also informative as well as entertaining, and hopefully people will be smart enough to tell the difference between fact and myth. The movie is full of both.


All in all, this is a good fun movie that almost anyone will enjoy. I know that some of the stuff is a bit over the top, but isn't that why we watch movies in the first place.


Alexis says:


4 STARS

Anyone else remember Valley Girl? (Maybe we should view and review that movie?) Well, ever since 1983 I have been mostly a fan of Nicolas Cage's, though on occasion he has been known to let me down (CONAIR??). Anyways, I really enjoyed National Treasure, I thought the stories of the Free Mason's building hidden messages into everything was pretty interesting and I thought that this movie was almost free of corny plotlines and dialogue and it reminds me of Indiana Jones, which I love. We had just come back from our trip to Washington, DC and Philadelphia when we watched this movie so I also got a kick out of seeing all the places I had just been (the Declaration of Independance doesn't really look like that, you should check it out at the National Archives).

No comments: