Monday, June 30, 2008

The Jungle Book



(1967)




Todd Says:


3 STARS


This is a great movie for kids. It looks like some classics can stand the test of time. This is a fun movie that bounces along at a nice pace.


I never was a big fan of Disney Animation, but maybe having kids is going to change things. I think that this is a fun movie for everyone, but everyone should let their kids watch it. Trust me, there are much worse things for your kids to be watching.





Alexis Says:

3 STARS

I have seen quite a few Disney movies in my lifetime but this one escaped by under my radar until the Special Edition came out of the 'vault' (how lame can you get Disney?). We decided to view it in advance (way in advance) for our children. Fortunately, it was one of the better Disney movies I have seen. No princesses, or evil witches. No prince charming, no bad apples. The story was interesting and has made me consider reading Rudyard Kipling and the music wasn't half bad either. Even the animation, 40+ years old, wasn't too shabby.

No comments: