Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Nine Months



(1995)

Todd Says:




2 STARS



This movie was pretty much what I expected it to be, which was a fluffy little romantic comedy about a guy trying to deal with parenthood. It was a bit over the top at times, but for the most part they held it together pretty well. There were some really funny scenes (I especially like the scene where Tom Arnold's and Hugh Grant's characters end up beating up Barney), and there were a few touching scenes. Robin Williams was rediculus, but I think that was the point.



At the end of the day, you could do worse with your choice of Romantic Comedies.




Alexis Says:


2 STARS

I am a small (5' 2") fan of Hugh Grant and this film introduced me to him. He has done far better but he has done slightly worse too. This movie isn't as good as say "She's Having A Baby" in dealing with men struggling to deal with pending fatherhood and in some aspects adulthood in general but it is a rather funny, charming comedy. I just felt that there was a little too much Jeff Goldblum and Tom Arnold in it for my taste.

No comments: