Thursday, June 18, 2009

The Way of War









Todd Says:

1/2 STAR

This movie was terrible. Terrible. The Plot, Acting, and Scene Structure are easily among some of the worst I have ever seen. I felt embarrassed for Cuba Gooding Jr for being in this movie. The only thing that kept me watching this movie through to the end was the hope that something would happen to at least make it make a little sense. It didn't.

The story is full of characters that never feel real, doing things that don't make any sense for them to be doing. There were times in this movie where the characters did extremely unusual things with no apparent motivation. The main character's motivation is never clearly developed, and when his apparent enemy reveals that he is sacrificing himself to save the hero at the end of the movie, with no explanation, I have to speculate that the 'villain' was just as tired of being in this movie as I was of watching it.

Even if you can't find anything else to watch, I don't recommend this film. Just turn the TV off and stare at the black screen for 90 minutes. Same effect.

No comments: