Saturday, June 20, 2009

Revolver










Todd Says:

2 STARS

Being a fan of Guy Ritchie's movies Lock Stock and Two Smoking Barrels and Snatch, I was expecting this movie to be a lot better than it was. I was greatly disappointed.

First of all, the story was supposed to be suspenseful and mysterious, but quite early on it became painfully obvious what was happening. So obvious that I thought it was too obvious, and for 70% of the movie I was convinced that Ritchie had been clever enough to misdirect me, sadly I was wrong. The plot was just that transparent.

So, mix a weak story with some really bad acting (I'm talking to you Ray Liotta), and you end up with a movie that's really not wasting your time on.

1 comment:

Christopher said...

I've got to a agree this was a HUGE disappointment. RockNRolla was better but still not great. And now he made Sherlock Holmes...