Sunday, March 30, 2008

Michael Clayton


(2007)
Alexis says:

5 STARS

Let me begin by saying that I love George Clooney. He could be selling instant tanner and I would buy it, he does good work, he’s an incredible actor and he isn’t too bad on the eyes either if you ask me. I read once that Clooney chooses the movies he’ll make by doing one for himself and one for the masses. Michael Clayton was a Section Eight production, one for himself in other words but it turns out that it also works for the masses. I felt that George Clooney, Tilda Swinton and Tom Wilkinson all give five star performances in this enthralling film. The story, the characters, and scene structure are all masterfully woven together to land this a five star rating, drop whatever you are doing and go see this film.


Todd Says:

4 ½ STARS

Let me begin by saying that my wife’s feelings for George Clooney make me nervous. On the bright side, I need not worry about going gray I suppose.
Michael Clayton was riveting. I love it when a movie simply refuses to let you go even for a second, and that’s what this one does. It is a thinker though, and may not be for everyone (there was only one explosion during the entire film). But if you’re the type of movie fan who doesn’t have to be bombarded with relentless action sequences, this is a must see: Plot, Character Development, Mood, it’s got ‘em all. I only withheld the coveted 5 STAR rating because I’m a film snob and I’m always holding out for the PERFECT film. Go see this now!

2 comments:

Sue said...

First of all, I think even if it IS George Clooney(Who I also think is pretty great) I would stay far far away from the instant tanner.

Second, I can't believe you guys watched 3 movies this weekend. I'm jealous.

The Running Couple said...

To be completely honest, we watched Reign Over Me on Monday night.

-June